Monday, April 18, 2016

Financially Plan For Baby

Here are 29 ways how. http://bit.ly/1qFGSJ7

When I first learned I was pregnant, I was 20 years old. It was Veterans day on November 11, 2014 at Buffalo Wild Wings with my Mom. I was scared, nervous, upset, happy, ecstatic, and excited. Any emotion you can think of, that was me! I was working full-time as a bank teller and part-time as a waitress, trying to make ends meet to pay the bills at my condo and have the time of my life. My boyfriend had just begun working out of state as a tower climber a week before. Could you even imagine? The emotions kept flowing! But the most important question was, how are we going to financially be okay? So I began brainstorming... and here is what I did....

I applied for Medicaid insurance so all of my doctors appointments as well as my delivery was 100% covered. I applied for WIC to help with the access food when baby arrived. I contacted my work to find out more information on maternity leave, what was paid and what wasn't. I came up with a goal on how long we could financially plan for both of us to be off work (mind you, his work is out of state). I started making a list and phone calls for home cares (they are always more reasonably priced and taxable if licensed). Who in the family is willing to help watch little one? Fortunately, my mother was willing to a few days a week. I attended mom to mom sales and baby fairs (they're always giving away FREE stuff). We created a baby registry for my baby shower and had a diaper raffle, which takes little effort for such a huge cost. My daughter is 10 months old and is still living off diapers from my shower! After, we bought only the essentials. I have recently started a 529 college fund, which is only $25 to start up and you can add to it whenever you have access funds. What's your excuse?

I hope you find these 29 ways how to financially plan for baby helpful like I did!

1 comment: