Wednesday, May 4, 2016

How To Introduce Your Dog To Baby For The First Time

Contemplating how to introduce your dog to baby for the very first time? Worry no more!
Here's what I did:

1.      Calm down your pet- Remember, you have been gone a few days and they will be overly excited to see you.
2.      ALWAYS supervise baby vs. pet interaction- Never leave baby unattended even if it is a quick bathroom trip.
3.      Reward pets for good behavior- Reward your pet with extra treats or back rubs to let them know they are getting positive energy from you for being calm and obedient around baby.

      Our biggest fear when I was pregnant was how our fur child was going to react. Because she play fights and nips at my fiancé and I, I was worried she would do it to the baby as well. THANKFULLY, I was wrong! My dog, Bella, was more scared of the baby more than anything. She would not go near Olivia nor want anything to do with her. Now, they share each others toys, they play together, fight for all of our attention and keep us on our toes! I hope you enjoy the following video that shows dogs meeting baby for the first time by AnimalCompilation FunVidsYT


1 comment: